statements for some portions of the League Applications. We use servers located in different jurisdictions, including Canada and the United States, for our collection, use, and disclosure in accordance with this Policy.
Information We Collect
When you create an account and use our League Applications, we collect the following types of information from you:
- Information that we can use to identify or contact you such as your email address and phone number;
- Demographics information such as your gender and location and device related information;
- Personal Information, and Personal Health Information if you decide to provide such information to us for use with our Services, as each term is defined by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA);
- Personal health data and payment information, should you decide to provide such information to us, for use with our Services; and
- Any other information, such as photos, images, reviews, topics, content, and bio, you provide us.
If you create an account using, or otherwise connect your account to, a social networking services account (e.g. Twitter, Facebook or Google) we may also collect information provided to us by such social networking service including for example your:
name; email address; birthday; geographic location; interests; profile picture; gender; networks; user ID; list of friends; likes, comments and any information you have made public and made accessible to us on such social networking account. We may
combine information received from you when using the League Applications with information from external sources.
We automatically collect information about how you use our League Applications, for example, pages you have viewed. We also collect certain technical information about your device including your Internet protocol address, geo-location information, your
browser type, language and identifying information, your operating system and application version, device types, device model and manufacturer, device identifiers, and your device operating system type and version.
sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which usually stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with
a more personal and interactive experience. Web beacons are digital images that are used to log information on the League Applications or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does
not. We also use Web beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
Others, including third party analytics service providers and advertising partners may also collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites when you use our League Applications, including
ChartBeat, and Mixpanel or similar services) and platform device identifiers and software agents on and through our League Applications (for example, we may use Flurry Analytics, Urban Airship, and Mixpanel or similar services) to provide us with information
about how you use and interact with our League Applications. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third parties to learn about your choices about information these types of services collect from you.
Sharing of Your Information
The League Applications may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, profile, and information publicly or with other people. You may control the personal information shared via controls built into the League Applications. Please
be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others.
The League Applications may also provide you with the option to share certain information from your League account with social networking services like Facebook, Google, or Twitter. We are not responsible for the use or re-sharing by others of any of
your information once it is made public. If you do not want your information to be made public, you should not use the League Applications in this manner and/or you should adjust your privacy settings on the applicable social networking service accordingly.
community areas and would like it removed, you can send us an email to request that we remove it by following the process described below in the section titled, “Access to and Corrections of Your Information”. In some cases, we may not be able to remove
your personal information.
How League Uses Your Information
League generally uses your information to:
- Facilitate the creation of, administer and secure your account on the League Applications;
- Facilitate payment, using third party payment processing services, should you decide to use our League Applications to purchase services from third party service providers;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide, personalize, and improve the League Applications;
- Communicate with you about your use of the League Applications;
- Develop new products and services;
- Customize any advertising you view and recommend content;
- Fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to the League Applications and for other marketing purposes of League using your contact information;
- Send administrative communications about the League Applications;
- Conduct research and measurement activities;
- Protect, investigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users; and
We may also use your information to verify your geographic location. We may use your geographic location data to personalize our League Applications, to recommend content, and/or to determine whether the information you have requested is available in
How League Discloses Your Information
We may share your information as follows:
- We may share your information with your consent or at your direction.
- We may also share your information with others who perform services on our behalf.
- We may disclose your information if we believe we are required to do so by law, or to comply with a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant.
- We also may disclose your information if we believe doing so is appropriate or necessary to prevent any liability, or fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or to protect League and our League Applications; or any rights, property, or personal safety
of League or others.
- In the event that League is or may be acquired by or merged with another company or involved in any other business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving the sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets, we may transfer or assign
your information as part of or in connection with the transaction. Finally, in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, information may be transferred or disclosed as a business asset.
- We may also share aggregated and anonymized data with our partners, advertisers, and other third parties.
- Where you have agreed to become affiliated with a League partner (for example, by taking advantage of a partner specific promotion), we may disclose your information with that partner.
- We will not disclose Service Provider calendar information (including names, or other information), or use Service Provider external calendar information other than using appointment times to avoid double-booking, and to make the display of a combined
calendar convenient for Service Providers.
League takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect your information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, or disclosure. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee
its absolute security. To help protect yourself and your information, choose a unique password for our League Applications and do not use a password on our League Applications that you would use on any other website or online service.
If you believe that League has not adhered to this Statement, please contact League by e-mail at
email@example.com. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
If you have consented to receiving promotional and other commercial electronic messages from League, you also consent to League’s use of your Personal Information to send you such messages. You may opt out of receiving such messages from League by following
the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-commercial electronic messages, such as messages about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your information, including changes
to your contact preferences, changes to or deletions of your information or content you post, and requests to opt-out of sharing your information with third parties by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that deletion of your information or content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Services.
When you use and League Applications, we and others give you the following choices about use of mechanisms for tracking, including tracking of your online activities over time and across different websites and online services by third parties. Most Web
browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies from League or from third parties. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect
certain features of the League Applications and the League Applications may not function. To opt-out of Google Analytics web tracking for certain browsers, you can download Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. You may opt out of other cookies that
to your profile and preferences. However, while we and others give you choices as described in this policy, there are many ways in which Web browser signals and other similar mechanisms can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and our League Applications
may not be aware of or honor every mechanism.
Access to and Corrections of Your Information
You have the right to know what information League has about you and to correct any inaccuracies. Please direct any such requests by email to email@example.com, or by one of the other means listed below under the
heading “League Contact Information”.
We will not knowingly collect information from users under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete such information.
League Contact Information
Please contact League with any questions or comments about this Policy, your information, our third-party disclosure practices, or your consent choices firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact us at: