Last updated: December 4th, 2017
- What kinds of information do we collect?
Some of the Services require us to learn more about you so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the League Applications, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you. Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information:
- Contact data (such as your name, email address, home address and phone number);
- Demographics (such as your gender, location, postal/ ZIP code and device related information);
- Insurance data (such as insurance carrier, insurance plan, group ID and insurance claims);
- Wellness and medical data (such as the Service Providers you have chosen through the Application, insurance claims and conversations with League Concierge);
- and other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, photos, images, reviews and Personal Information in emails, faxes and letters that you send to us.
We may collect additional information, which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent. You may still access and use some services of the League Applications if you choose not to provide us with any Personal Information, but features that require your Personal Information will not be accessible to you.
If you create an account using, or otherwise connect your account to, a social networking services account (e.g. Google, Facebook) we may also collect information provided to us by such social networking service including for example your name; email address; birthday; geographic location; interests; profile picture; gender; networks; user ID; list of friends; likes, comments and any information you have made public and made accessible to us on such social networking account. We may combine information received from you when using the League Applications with information from external sources.
We may automatically collect certain data when you use the League Applications. Data includes (but is not limited to) the following types of information:
- Internet protocol address;
- Geolocation information;
- Device types, device model and manufacturer, identifiers, and operating system type and version;
- Browser(s) and language settings;
- Operating system and application version;
- Referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the League Applications;
- and other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the League Applications (collectively “Traffic Data”).
Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
Information From Other Sources
We may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account. This information may include, but is not limited to, demographic information, additional contact information, group affiliations, occupational information, background information, and more.
- How we collect information?
We collect information when you use and interact with the League Applications, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include (but are not limited to):
- When you sign-up for and use the Applications;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the League Applications or through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- If you download and install League Applications we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information regarding when you are logged on and available to receive updates or alert notices;
- If you download League Applications or use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and device, as applicable;
- If you chat with our League Concierge, customer support team, or a Service Provider; and
- Through cookies, web beacons, analytics services and other tracking technology, as described below.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which usually stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience. Web beacons are digital images that are used to log information on the Applications or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
We and other third party providers of cookies and tracking tools give you choices about the use of online tracking mechanisms, including those used to track of your online activities over time and across different websites and online services. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies from League or from third parties. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of the League Applications and the Applications may not function properly.
Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings for Apple, Android or Windows devices, see:
- Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4228
- Android: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
- Windows: http://choice.microsoft.com/en-US/opt-out
Please note that opting-out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using League Applications, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from third parties that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms.
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals. At this time, however, the definitions and meanings of DNT signals and responses, and the correct behavior regarding DNT signals, are not defined. Until such time as the standard is finalized, our Applications do not process or respond to DNT signals. To learn more about DNT, please visit donottrack.us.
- How do we use this information?
We use your information to provide the Application and Services and to help improve the Applications and Services, to develop new features and Services, and to advertise (for example, to display League ads on other websites). Such use may include but is not limited to:
- Provide you with the products, Services and information you request;
- Facilitate the creation of, administer and secure your account;
- Facilitate payment, using third party payment processing services;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding the Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Develop new products and services;
- Customize any advertising you view and recommend content;
- Fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries;
- If you subscribe to email updates, to send newsletters, surveys, offers and promotional materials related to the League Applications and for other marketing purposes of League using your contact information;
- Send administrative communications about the League Applications and Services;
- Conduct research and measurement activities;
- Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- Protect our rights and the rights of other users; and
- We may also use your information to verify your geographic location. We may use your geographic location data to personalize our Services, to recommend content, and/or to determine whether the information you have requested is available in your location.
We may use the information from one portion of the Applications on other portions of the Applications, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Applications into a single record. We also may use or combine information that we collect offline or we collect or receive from third-party sources for many reasons, including to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of our records. Additionally, information collected from a particular browser or device may be used with another computer or device that is linked to the browser or device on which such information was collected.
- How is this information shared?
- We may share your information with Service Providers whom you choose through the League Applications. When you use League Application to book an appointment, the application automatically sends your name to the Service Provider so that the Service Provider can communicate with you through the League Application. You chose how and when you communicate with the Service Provider.
- We may share your information with the insurance provider identified to us to determine eligibility and cost-sharing obligations, and otherwise obtain benefit plan information on your behalf.
- We may share your information with others who perform services on our behalf (including, but not limited to: advisors, IT providers, contractors and consultants).
- We may transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of League (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
- In the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, information may be transferred or disclosed as a business asset.
- We may also share data with our partners, advertisers, and other third parties which has gone through an anonymization process and been aggregated.
- Where you have agreed to become affiliated with a League partner (for example, by taking advantage of a partner specific promotion), we may disclose your information with that partner.
We also may need to disclose information we collect about you if we determine in good faith that such disclosure is needed to: (1) comply with or fulfill our obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process; (2) protect the rights, property or safety of you, League or another party; (3) enforce the Agreement or other agreements with you; or (4) respond to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
We may disclose information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated at our discretion. We will not disclose Service Provider calendar information (including names, or other information), or use Service Provider external calendar information other than using appointment times to avoid double-booking, and to make the display of a combined calendar convenient for Service Providers.
The League Applications may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, profile, and information publicly or with other people. You may control the information shared via controls built into the League Applications. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others and we disclaim any warranty, representation or covenant as to any other party’s treatment of your information.
- Security of Information
The security of your information is important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to safeguard and secure your information during data collection, transmission and storage, by using various methods of protection, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. The methods of protection include but are not limited to:
- Physical measures (such as restricted access to systems and offices);
- Technological measures (such as passwords, two factor authorization, encryptions, firewalls, and audits);
- Organizational controls (such as security clearances, security questions, limiting access on a “need-to-know” basis, staff training, confidentiality agreements, policies and procedures); and
- Contractual confidentiality covenants.
League will also employ care in the disposal or destruction of information to protect against unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information.
Communication with League should be done through the League Application where the information is encrypted both in transit and at rest. While League makes every effort to secure all communications within our control and on our premises, please be advised that no method of delivery is absolutely secure and any communication of personal information may be accidentally or deliberately intercepted by third parties.
No company, including League, can fully eliminate security risks associated with your information. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security. To help protect yourself and your information, choose a unique password for our League Applications and do not use a password on our League Applications that you would use on any other website or online service. You can help protect the privacy of your own information by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized interception of your information. You are responsible for the security of your information that you transmit to us or view, download, or otherwise access when using unencrypted, public or otherwise unsecured networks. If you use a mobile device to accept your authorization code, you should have the ability to remotely wipe the phone in the event that your device is lost or stolen.
- Dispute Resolution for Canadian Members
- Information Choices
If you have consented to receiving promotional and other commercial electronic messages from League, you also consent to League’s use of your information to send you such messages. You may opt out of receiving such messages from League by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-commercial electronic messages, such as messages about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
To make changes to your contact preferences or information, to request deletion of content you post, or to opt-out of sharing your information with third parties, you can either use our Applications directly or send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. League makes reasonable efforts to completely remove your information or content but cannot ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on the Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
In terms of geolocation information, most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of precise location services by any application on your mobile device through the device’s settings’ menu.
- Access to and Corrections of Your Information
You have the right to know what information League has about you and to correct any inaccuracies. If you are a registered user of the League Applications, you can modify certain information by logging in and accessing your account. If you want to contact us directly or if you are no longer a registered user, direct any such requests by email to email@example.com, or by one of the other means listed below under the heading “League Contact Information”.
Please note that we may not be able to delete your information without also deleting your user account. You will not be permitted to examine the information of any other person or entity. In order to verify your identity, you may be required to provide us with information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Information Provided on Behalf of Children
The League Application and Services are not intended for use by children. We will not knowingly collect information from users under the age of 18. If we discover that we have collected information from a user under the age of 18, we will delete such information. By accessing, using and/or submitting information to or through the Services, you represent that you are not younger than age eighteen (18).
- Link to other Web Sites
- Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send your request, by mail or email, to:
ATTENTION: Privacy Officer
225 King St W, Suite 800, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3M2
- League Contact Information
You may also contact us at:
ATTENTION: Privacy Officer
225 King St W, Suite 800, Toronto, Ontario M5V 3M2